Representing the parish community, members of council serve as a consultative body to the Pastor by:
- Actively seeking information from fellow parishioners to accurately represent the “voice” of the parish community.
- Assisting the Pastor in determining priorities, promoting spiritual growth, and implementing decisions that affect the unity and mission of the parish.
- Acting as a vehicle for dialogue and communication among the pastor, the parish staff, the various commissions and organizations, and the parish members.
- Evaluating how various proposals from parish commissions or groups promote or do not promote the mission of our parish.
- Working with other groups in the parish to recommend specific policies and programs.
Pastoral Council meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM in the parish office. Council consists of our Pastor, a permanent recording secretary (appointed by the Pastor), and 8 parishioners. (Parishioner members serve for a 3-year term)
Current council members are:
Jerry Yox (Chair)
View recent minutes from Pastoral Council meetings.
Submit a question or suggestion to Pastoral Council.
Pastoral Council Suggestion Box
Thank you for contacting Pastoral Council with your concerns or suggestions. If you include your name, we will be able to respond to you personally. If you prefer to remain anonymous, we may respond in a general manner through the parish bulletin, website, or other manner. May God continue to bless the members of St. Bartholomew Church!