Online Giving – A Secure & Convenient Way to Contribute to St. Bartholomew Church
Online Giving is a safe, secure internet program that allows parishioners to make electronic contributions to the parish. You determine how much to donate and how often to donate. And since the program is directly linked to a checking account, savings account, or credit card, there’s no need to write checks or hunt down cash and envelopes each week.
Why is it worth my while to sign up for Online Giving?
- No need to hassle with checks or cash
- 24/7 web-based access
- Easily schedule recurring donations to coincide with your pay period
- Credit card option allows you to take advantage of rewards such as air miles or cash bonuses
- Accuracy in record-keeping is optimized by minimizing chances for human error
- No need to share bank account information because you enter it directly into the Online Giving secure site
- Allows you to give even if you are unable to attend parish services due to illness, weather, or travel
- Contribution amount is easily adjusted as needed
Who can participate in Online Giving?
Anyone with a checking account, savings account, or credit card can participate.
- If you have internet access and email, you can set up your OLG account by clicking on the LOGIN button. Parishioners who sign up this way have 24/7 access to their account, will be reminded of special collections each quarter, and can adjust their contributions at any time.
- If you do not have internet access and email, you can still take advantage of this program by submitting an Authorization Form to the parish office. The form allows us to set up the account according to your directions without you having to bother with the setup process. You still have full authority over contributions and simply use the parish office as your “secretary”. Since the form contains private financial information, please take appropriate precautions when submitting it to the parish office. If you choose this option, a credit card can NOT be used as the payment method.
- If you use a mobile device, you can use the OSV Online Giving App – available for both iPhone and Android. When you first open your account (“Register”), you can specify the parish by code (1240), name (St. Bartholomew), or zip (45231).
When does the program take the money out?
You get to decide. Contributions can be made one-time-only, weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, twice a year, or annually. To minimize processing fees, we encourage you to select a schedule that “groups” payments – like one monthly payment instead of four weekly payments.
If your scheduled contribution falls on the weekend or a bank holiday, it will be processed the next business day.
Where does the money go?
You get to decide. The Online Giving program lists all of the “open funds” to which you can donate. While “Sunday Offering” is always available, other collections are only available for a limited time (like Retirement Fund for the Religious). You get to specify which collections you participate in, just as you’ve always done by using different envelopes.
What happens to my paper envelopes?
You get to decide. Some parishioners prefer to manage all of their donations online, so they skip the envelopes completely. Others prefer to keep their envelopes just for special collections. Others keep the envelopes and mark the “I give online” check box; that way they can still participate physically in the offertory at Mass. However you’d like to manage envelopes is fine by us – just let us know what you prefer.
Click for a
Video Tutorial on…
- Set Up My Account
- Edit My Personal Info
- Manage My Payment Methods
- Give a Donation/Gift
- See My Giving History
- See My Ongoing Donations
Click for a written User Guide in PDF Format.