This ministry serves the family of deceased parishioners in planning the funeral liturgy. Trained ministers provide guidance in the selection of readings, songs, and petitions used at the Mass. The bereavement ministers also act as liaisons between the funeral director/funeral home, the parish, the priest, and the family. Volunteers work together to fulfill these responsibilities:
- Funeral Planning and Follow-Up
- Attend Funerals to Support Families or Fill a Liturgical Role
- Assist with Funeral Receptions
- Assist with Support Group
- Become a Member of a Support Group
Contact Sandy Hornbach to learn more.